Friday 13 August 2010

NOT QUITE A TRAILER: Alexander Wang



This is the new Alexander Wang Fall Winter Ad Campaign, created with British fashion photographer Craig McDean - though of course not a trailer, I've been something of inspired by it, the composition of the high fashion against dilapidation, the glossy and new, against the old and dirty and aswell, the complete abandonment incorporated through the whole thing, that the whole thing is on the edge and at an end - I think it's very eerie and slightly pscychological to watch. I love the rough handheld camerawork and the lighting too - having it focussed centre screen almost unnaturally bright and the edges being dimmed, the fast and pacy, but altogether messy and erratic editing and I particularly love the paper being strewn about in the wind - it reminds me of natural disasters - tornados and twisters with everything recklessly flying about, and I imagined the complete vanity - or apathy - of the model to keep desperately clinging to her own beauty and fashion and to keep posing amid catastrophe and potentially the end of her world.

No comments:

Post a Comment